How to Create a New Email Template for Notification
Creating email templates for different notifications is fast and simple using Visual Email Builder.
Creating New Template:
- To add a new email template navigate to ‘Visual Email Builder’ in the admin sidebar and click on ‘Add New’ menu item under this.
- Add title to your post. This title will not be shown anywhere in the template.
- After this, set your trigger for a new notification in the ‘Notification For’ field.
- Email subject changes according to the trigger in the post or you can change it by yourself.
- Checking the ‘Additional Email Fields’ allows you to add From Name, From Email, CC and BCC in the email header.
- Now click on ‘Select Template’ accordion and select the default template. It will open the editor.
- In the default template the text field has content related to the selected email type.
- You can customize the content and style of the email template using the drag and drop editor by yourself.
- After this, update the post and your email template is ready to use.
You can check for any issue in the design of your email template by using Send Me a Test Email feature. This will send an email to the currently logged in user. The shortcodes will not change to content in the test email.